We welcome your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A look at the headlines right now:
- I am vocal against demonetisation and thus this ‘military coup’, says Mamata Banerjee: The West Bengal chief minister accused the ruling BJP government of ‘harassing people for political gains’.
- Acid attack victims, Parkinson’s patients will be included in amended Disabilities Bill: The proposed changes to the 1995 Act include the right to free education for children and a hike in reservations for government jobs.
- Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude hits India-Nepal border in Uttarakhand, no casualties reported: Tremors were also felt in other parts of India, including in Delhi and the National Capital Region.
- Gold or jewellery bought from disclosed or exempted income will not be taxed, says Centre: The exemption is applicable to inherited valuables as well, the Union Ministry of Finance said.
- Delhi Police files FIR after Congress and Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter accounts are hacked: A series of explicit tweets were posted from the party vice president’s verified profile on Wednesday night and again on Thursday morning.
- India refuses to accept cross-border terrorism as the ‘new normal’ with Pakistan, says MEA spokesperson: Government official Vikas Swarup accused Islamabad of fomenting terrorism.
- US statement of Donald Trump’s conversation with Nawaz Sharif counters Pakistan’s version: ‘Pakistanis are one of the most intelligent people,’ the US president-elect had told the prime minister, according to the statement issued by Pak.
- Aadhaar number might eventually replace card transactions, says UIDAI: The new system will enable Android mobile phones users to digitally transact using their unique identification number and fingerprint/iris authentication.
- Reliance Jio will offer free data, voice and video services till March 31, says Mukesh Ambani: While introducing other offers, the RIL chairman also accused leading telecom operators of ‘anti-competitive behaviour’.
- RBI claims there is enough cash to deal with payday rush, but banks say they are out of money: A Finance Ministry official said plenty of Rs 500 notes will be ‘routed through the banking system every day from December 1’.