Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) commenced the online registrations for admission to various PhD courses on December 5, 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the exam at ignou.ac.in till December 22 upto 5.00 PM.
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on January 16, 2022 (Sunday). The test will be held for the duration of 180 minutes (3.00 hour) from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM in English and Hindi language.
- Commencement of IGNOU PhD registration: December 5
- Last date to register for PhD entrance exam: December 22
- Last date to pay the fee: December 23
- Application correction process: December 24 to 26
- Date of Examination: January 16
Master’s Degree from a University recognised by UGC in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks (for General category) in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and [50%marks in the case of SC,ST and OBC(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September,1991] excluding grace marks. More details in the notification.
The candidates from general (UR)/OBC-(NCL)/General EWS category are required to pay the fee of Rs 1000, whereas Rs 800 is applicable to candidates from Third Gender/SC/ST/PwD category.
Steps to register for PhD entrance exam
- Visit the official website ignou.nta.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on “IGNOU PhD Registration 2021”
- Fill in the online application with qualification details
- Upload the documents, pay the fee and submit
- Take a print of the form for future reference
For more details, candidates are advised to visit the official website here.