Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) released an examination notification today to fill 47 positions which includes Geologists, Geophysicists, Chemists for the Ministry of Mines and 23 Junior Hydrogeologists for the Ministry of Water Resources.
The last date to fill the application form is April 16th, 2018. The examination will be held on June 29th in 19 cities across India.
- Geologists in Geological Survey of India: The candidate must have Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology
- Geophysicist in Geological Survey of India: The applicant must have obtained M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics)
- Chemists in Geological Survey of India: The candidate needs to have an M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry to be eligible for the position.
- Junior Hydrogeologists in Central Ground Water Board: The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or a Master’s degree in Hydrogeology.
How to apply
- Log in to UPSC Online Application website (upsconline.nic.in)
- Click on ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ on the relevant post one wants to apply
Few vacancies are reserved and/or suitable for differently-abled people. For more details, candidates can check on the ‘What’s New’ section in the official UPSC website (upsc.gov.in).