Delhi University (DU) colleges have released their first cut-off lists for the university’s undergraduate courses for the academic year 2018-19. There has been a slight drop in the overall DU cut-off percentages compared to the previous academic year.
The highest cut-off was by Lady Shri Ram College for its BA programme, which registered a cut-off percentage of 98.75%. This was followed by Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, which had a first cut-off list percentage of 98.50% for its BA (Hons) course in Journalism.
For commerce stream students, the DU cut-off for BCom (Hons) was 97.75% at Lady Shri Ram College, which is the same as last year. In the science stream, Hindu College registered a cut-off of 98% for its BSc (Hons) course in Physics while Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College registered the same DU cut-off (i.e. 98%) for its BSc (Hons) course in Computer Science.
Here is the direct link to access the DU first cut-off list for Arts and Commerce.
Here is the direct link to access the DU first cut-off list for Science.
The admission process to Delhi University colleges based on the first cut-off lists will start from today, June 19th, from 9:30am to 1:30pm for morning colleges, and from 4pm to 7pm for evening colleges. Students who meet the first cut-off requirement should follow these steps in order to take admissions in their college of choice:
- Log in to the DU admissions student portal.
- Students can select the courses and college of their choice, and admission forms will be generated.
- Students are supposed to approach the college with a filled-in admission form and the necessary documents.
- After the principal’s approval, students must pay the requisite fees to confirm their seat.
- In case students want to withdraw the admission based on subsequent cut-offs and choice of colleges, they can cancel the admission online and will have to pay a cancellation fee. The receipt of the cancellation fee must be collected from the college, in order to gain admission in a different college.
The Delhi University admission process and verification of documents based on the first cut-off list will be conducted from June 19th to June 21st. The second cut-off will be released on June 25th and the verification process for the same will be done from June 25th to June 27th.
There will five rounds of cut-offs and the process of admission to DU colleges will go on until July 14th. Detailed information on the DU 2018-19 UG admission process can be accessed at this link.
In mid May, Delhi University released cut-off dates and other important dates for the 2018-19 admission process.