PM Modi inaugurates new ASI headquarters
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the new Headquarters of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) in New Delhi.
- The new building is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, such as energy-efficient lighting and rainwater harvesting.
- It will include a central archaeological library with a collection of approximately 1.5 lakh books and journals.
India finishes third at Asia Archery Cup
- Indian finished joint third (with Iran) at the Asia Cup World Archery Ranking Tournament Stage 3 in Taipei, Taiwan.
- India secured three silver medals at a bronze medal at the event that had to be cut short due to typhoon Maria.
- Korea topped the medal overhaul with eight gold, three silver and three bronze medals.
- Second at the Asia Archery Cup was host Taipei, with five medals.
India’s first private UAV factory to be set up in Kota
- India’s first private sector unit for manufacturing unmanned air vehicles (UAV) and light bullet proof vehicles (LBPV) will be set up in Kota.
- The facility will be set up on the campus of Shriram Rayons in Kota by DCM Shriram Industries Group.
- The first of these vehicles will be rolled out in 18 months.
BSNL announces India’s first Internet telephony service for making calls without SIM
- BSNL has announced the country’s first Internet telephony service, which will allow users to make calls without the need for a SIM card.
- The service will allow users to make calls to any telephone number in India through the BSNL mobile app, called Wings.
- The company will launch the service across India on July 25th.
- Currently, voice calls can only be made through mobile apps to those who have the same app on their phone.
- The BSNL Wings subscription will cost Rs.1,099 for a year, and will include unlimited calling within India using the Internet service or Wi-Fi of any telecom operator.
India becomes 69th shareholder of European development bank
- India has been formally announced as the 69th shareholder of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
- This will open up more joint investment with Indian companies across the bank’s regions of operation.
- The Indian government applied for EBRD membership in December 2017, and received unanimous voting for the same in March 2018.
- India takes a shareholding in the EBRD but it will not be a recipient of EBRD financing.
Gujarat govt approves Rs.39 crore additional investment for Seema Darshan project
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani gave in-principal approval for Rs.39 crore additional investment in the Seema Darshan or border tourism project.
- A proposal will be sent to Union ministries of Home and Tourism for financial assistance.
- The border tourism project is being developed on the pattern of Wagah Border.
- The approval is for more infrastructure facilities from T-Junction to Zero Point at Nadabet near Suigam in Banaskantha district.
More on Current Affairs
To stay up to date with current affairs and to test your general knowledge, check out our latest Current Affairs quiz.