The registration process for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2019 first attempt has begun today, September 1st. All candidates who are interested in applying for the JEE (Main) 2019 can register at jeemain.ac.in.
From this year, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken over from the CBSE for conducting the JEE Main examination, which will be conducted twice in a year. Candidates will be able to sit for both exams and the best score will be taken into account.
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates
Here are all the important dates for JEE (Main) 2019 First Attempt
JEE (Main) First Attempt Important Dates
|Start Date for Application||September 1st, 2018|
|Last Date for Application||September 30th, 2018|
|Last Date to Pay the Application Fee||October 1st, 2018|
|Date of Examination||January 6th to January 20th|
|Date of Result||January 31st|
The JEE Main examination will be conducted in multiple sittings and the candidates will have a choice of dates on which they would be willing to appear. The JEE Main first attempt exam will start on January 6th and will go on till January 20th. The exam will be conducted in two shifts – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The exact date of the JEE Main examination, city and centre information will be released around November 15th on NTA’s website.
Here is how to register for JEE (Main) 2019 First Attempt
- Log on to the NTA’s JEE Main 2019’s official website.
- Click on ‘Fill Application Form’ button on the home page.
- Click on ‘Apply for JEE (Main) - 2019’ button.
- Read the instruction and click on the disclaimer and click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online’.
- Fill in the basic information and click on ‘Submit’.
- Log in with the credentials that will get generated and fill in remaining details.
- Upload all the relevant documents and photographs and pay the application fees.
- The NTA instructs to take at least four printouts of the final application form after submission.
The JEE Main exam is conducted for admissions to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board. Candidates who clear the JEE Main can appear for JEE Advanced for admissions to IIT colleges.
Candidates must have cleared the 12th exam with at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates) or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination conducted by the respective Boards to be eligible to participate in the JEE Main exam.