The Tejas Express is India’s first semi-high speed fully air-conditioned train introduced by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC). The much-awaited Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express starts its run today, 4th October. The Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express is Indian Railway’s first step towards introducing private trains on the network.
Train number 82501 IRCTC Tejas Express Lucknow to Delhi Executive Chair Car costs Rs 2,310 and AC Chair car (CC) ticket costs Rs 1,505. Train Number 82502 IRCTC Tejas Express Delhi to Lucknow ticket for Executive Char Car (EC) costs Rs 2,450 and AC Chair car (CC) ticket costs Rs 1,755.
Passengers of IRCTC’s Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be compensated in case of delays, the Railway subsidiary said on Tuesday, announcing a first of its kind offer from any national carrier. An amount of Rs 100 will be paid in case the delay is for over an hour and Rs 250 for delays of over two hours, the IRCTC said.
The Tejas Express is designed to run at a maximum speed of 200 km/h (120 mph) but the maximum operating speed allowed is 130 km/h (81 mph) due to track and safety constraints. There are 14 non-executive chair cars that can carry up to 72 passengers each in 3+2 configuration. The coaches have energy-efficient LED lights and digital destination display boards. It also has two executive chair cars in 2+2 configuration. The executive chair cars have a seating capacity of 56 passengers with adjustable head-rests, arm support and leg support.
Other amenities on board the train are bio-vacuum toilets, water level indicators, tap sensors, hand dryers, integrated braille displays, LED TV for each passenger with phone sockets, local cuisine, celebrity chef menu, Wi-Fi, tea & coffee vending machines, magazines, snack tables, CCTV cameras, fire & smoke detection and suppression system.
The train schedule along the Delhi-Lucknow route is as follows:
|Arrival (Down)||Departure (Down)||Stations||Arrival (Up)||Departure (Up)|
Here are some key points to note before the inaugural run of the Lucknow-New Delhi Tejas Express:
- Passengers of IRCTC’s Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express to get free Rs 25 lakh rail travel insurance. The passengers of this train will also be given the facility of using retiring rooms at Lucknow junction station and executive lounge at New Delhi Railway station and lounge for meetings on demand.
- No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains. Also, children above the age of 5 will be charged full fare.
- There will be no facility of tatkal quota. Five seats each will be reserved for foreign tourists in Executive Class and AC Chair car.
- Passengers need not carry plastic water bottles as the train will offer RO water services.
- IRCTC will offer exclusive luggage pick and drop services to the passengers of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. According to the IRCTC scheme, it will ferry the luggage of passengers from their homes to their seats and from the seat to their destination on a payment basis. This is to ensure that passengers can travel without being concerned about their luggage. All the luggage will be insured.
- High-quality food and beverages will be provided and there will also be a provision for separate free tea and coffee vending machines. Food on the train will served in airline-style trolleys.
- The Lucknow-New Delhi stretch of 512 km is expected to be covered in 6 hours. The train will run six days a week, except Tuesdays.
- Tickets of the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express can ONLY be booked on the IRCTC website (irctc.co.in) and the IRCTC rail Connect mobile app.