Sunrisers Hyderabad are known for their consistency and smart team-building tactics during their time in the Indian Premier League. With David Warner back as captain, they will seek a second title after the Aussie had led to the championship in 2016.
Here are the fixtures for SRH during the 2020 season and their results:
(Scroll sideways to view all columns in the table)
SRH fixtures and results for IPL 2020
|SRH vs RCB||21 Sep, Mon (1930)||Dubai||SRH lost by 10 runs||0|
|KKR vs SRH||26 Sep, Sat (1930)||Abu Dhabi||SRH lost by 7 wickets||0|
|DC vs SRH||29 Sep, Tue (1930)||Abu Dhabi||SRH won by 15 runs||2|
|CSK vs SRH||2 Oct, Fri (1930)||Dubai||SRH won by 7 runs||4|
|MI vs SRH||4 Oct, Sun (1530)||Sharjah||SRH lost by 34 runs||4|
|SRH vs KXIP||8 Oct, Thu (1930)||Dubai||SRH won by 69 runs||6|
|SRH vs RR||11 Oct, Sun (1530)||Dubai||SRH lost by 5 wickets||6|
|SRH vs CSK||13 Oct, Tue (1930)||Dubai||SRH lost by 20 runs||6|
|SRH vs KKR||18 Oct, Sun (1530)||Abu Dhabi||SRH lost Super Over||6|
|RR vs SRH||22 Oct, Thu (1930)||Dubai||SRH won by 8 wickets||8|
|KXIP vs SRH||24 Oct, Sat (1930)||Dubai||SRH lost by 12 runs||8|
|SRH vs DC||27 Oct, Tue (1930)||Dubai||SRH won by 88 runs||10|
|RCB vs SRH||31 Oct, Sat (1930)||Sharjah|
|SRH vs MI||3 Nov, Tue (1930)||Sharjah|
A recap of SRH’s matches during IPL 2020:
- If at the end of the season Sunrisers come up two points short of a playoff spot they will look back with disgust at this match. The side went from 121/2 to 153 all out in quick time thanks to poor decision-making and some terrible dismissals and lost the match by 10 runs. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
2. Two matches into the season, SRH’s search for points continued as they were beaten comprehensively by Kolkata Knight Riders. Pat Cummins and Shubman Gill struck form to defeat SRH by seven wickets. David Warner’s decision to bat first (the first captain to do so) did not quite work out. Read the report here and watch the highlights below:
3. They needed this. As the only team in the tournament at this point, SRH needed a good performance and more importantly two points against red-hot Delhi Capitals. Kane Williamson returned to the side in style and Rashid Khan returned to form in trademark fashion to help Warner and Co register their first win. Read the report here and watch highlights below:
4. Sunrisers Hyderabad notched up their second successive win of the season with a 7-run victory over Chennai Super Kings. Young batsmen Priyam Garg and Abhishek Sharma, along with Afghan leg-spinner Rashid Khan, put in match-winning performances for SRH. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
5. Chasing a target of 209 against Mumbai Indians in Sharjah, the Sunrisers Hyderabad could manage just 174/7. Captain David Warner scored 60 off 44 but it wasn’t enough and SRH suffered their third defeat of the season. Read the report here and watch highlights below:
6. Jonny Bairstow shone with the bat with a 97-run knock before star leg-spinner Rashid Khan snared three wickets in an impressive bowling display to guide Sunrisers Hyderabad to a comfortable 69-run win over Kings XI Punjab. Bairstow and captain David Warner (52) took the opposition bowlers to the cleaners with a 160-run opening stand as SRH scored an imposing 201 for six after opting to bat. On the bowling front, Khan was the most impressive SRH bowler as he returned with figures of 3/12 from his four overs.
7. Batting first, Hyderabad could manage just 158/4 in their 20 overs. Manish Pandey got a half-century but SRH’s total was below-par. In reply, Rajasthan were in a spot of bother at 78/5, but Riyan Parag and Rahul Tewatia put on an unbeaten partnership to guide their team to victory. Read the report here and watch highlights below:
8. Sandeep Sharma’s superb spell of 2/19 helped restrict CSK to 167/6. In reply, Kane Williamson scored a half-century for SRH but Chennai put in a disciplined bowling performance to bag a 20-run win. Read the report here and watch highlights below:
9. Chasing KKR’s total of 163, the Sunrisers decided to use David Warner in the middle order and the skipper ended up scoring 47. But both teams’ totals were tied and the match went to a Super Over. New Zealand pacer Lockie Ferguson then stole the show as Kolkata clinched a memorable win. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
10. Electing to bowl first, Sunrisers Hyderabad rode on Jason Holder’s spell of 3/33 to restrict Rajasthan Royals to 154/6 in Dubai. SRH then lost openers David Warner and Jonny Bairstow inside the first three overs with just 16 runs on the board, but Manish Pandey (83* off 47) and Vijay Shankar (52* off 51) put on a brilliant partnership for the third wicket to take them to victory. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
11. Having chased down a total against KKR, it seemed Warner and Co will make it two in a row. The target was already not that hard and the SRH openers were off to a flier too. But then, an epic collapse followed. Watch the highlights below and read the report here.
12. In a must-win situation, Sunrisers produced arguably their best performance of the season yet to stay alive in the playoffs race. A scintillating batting performance was followed by a top bowling effort as Delhi Capitals were handed a thrashing by 88 runs. Warner had a birthday to remember. Read the match report here and watch highlights below.
Highlights videos courtesy: iplt20.com