A look at the headlines right now:
1. Eleven convicts given life sentence in Gulberg society massacre case, 12 to be jailed for seven years: The prosecution sought death penalty or life imprisonment for all those convicted in the case on June
2. Bernie Sanders pledges to help stop Donald Trump from becoming the president of United States: In a cryptic speech, the Vermont senator indicated that he will soon start working with Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton on her campaign.
3. British lawmaker Jo Cox shot dead, Brexit campaigning suspended: The 41-year-old Labour Party MP was a vocal supporter of Britain staying with the European Union.
4. Caste system practised in India is anti-national, says Amartya Sen: The 82-year-old economist came down heavily on the culture of people being branded anti-national for not 'toeing a certain line'.
5. Prices of staple food items skyrocket, country facing pulses shortage of 7.6 million tonnes: Tomatoes are being sold at Rs 100/kg, potatoes at Rs 20/kg, arhar dal at Rs 170/kg and urad dal at Rs 196/kg.
6. United Nations human rights experts urge India to repeal FCRA law: The three experts said the Narendra Modi government was misusing the legal provision to silence groups that are critical of the Centre's ways.
7. L-G Najeeb Jung forwards report on Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam to anti-corruption branch: Jung also sent a complaint filed by Opposition leader Vijender Gupta who has accused Arvind Kejriwal of deliberately ignoring the document for 10 months.
8. Udta Punjab out today, after Supreme Court refuses to stay its release: Earlier this week, the Bombay High Court had ordered that the film be released as scheduled with one cut and a fresh rating certificate.
9. Cockpit voice recorder from EgyptAir flight MS804 recovered in the Mediterranean Sea: It was retrieved on Thursday and is expected to help provide information on what caused the plane crash.
10. Prime suspect in Kerala rape and murder case arrested: A migrant labourer from Assam has reportedly confessed to killing the 29-year-old Dalit law student in Perumbavoor in April.