The big news: Mehbooba Mufti appeals for 'chance to fix things' in Kashmir, and 9 other top stories
The mastermind behind the Dhaka café attack was killed in an encounter, and a Congress leader said the RSS ideology killed Mahatma Gandhi.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Pakistan should stop provoking violence in Kashmir, says Mehbooba Mufti after meeting Narendra Modi: The chief minister appealed for 'a chance to fix things' and urged both separatists and the media to cooperate with the state to help resolve the 'big crisis'.
- Dhaka café attack mastermind, three other militants killed in encounter with police: Security forces raided their hideout after they were tipped off by an arrested member of the Jama'atul Mujahideen, which Bangladesh blames for the siege.
- RSS ideology killed Mahatma Gandhi, says Congress leader Rizwan Arshad: The Karnataka Pradesh Youth Congress president added that the party was determined to take on the right-wing organisation.
- Bombay High Court order lifts ban on women inside inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah, but stays order for six weeks: The shrine's trust had barred women from entering it in 2011, saying it was a 'sin' in Islam for them to be in close proximity of a male Muslim saint's grave.
- Centre may charge Zakir Naik for inciting terror, ban his Islamic Research Foundation: Government officials said the Home Affairs Ministry was considering registering a case against the preacher under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act for his 'hate speeches'.
- BJP sacks Jharkhand unit chief Tala Marandi: The party said Lakshman Gilua was replaced him in the post after they accepted his resignation.
- Whistleblower behind Scorpene leak to hand over data disk to Australian government on Monday: Authorities already know the identity of the individual, a report in the weekend edition of the newspaper, which carried the first report on the breach, said.
- Pakistan forces committing a 'tsunami of human rights violations' in Balochistan, says exiled leader: Brahamdagh Bugti said the people of the province don't want to live in the country anymore and demanded a referendum on the matter under UN supervision.
- Reconsider 'paternalistic' and 'anti-liberal' draft surrogacy Bill, says Congress: Party spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi compared the proposed law to one from the 'stone ages' and also crisicised the suggested 10-year term for violations.
- West Bengal Assembly unlists GST Bill from special session, postpones discussions indefinitely: While TMC leaders cited 'time constraints' as the reason for the deferment, BJP state unit chief Dilip Ghosh said it was a 'political conspiracy'.