A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Government is running against time to meet April 1 deadline for GST, says Arun Jaitley: The finance minister admitted that India – one of Asia's largest economies – is performing 'far below its best'.
- Whether you sink or die, you must refund flat buyers, Supreme Court tells Noida realtor Supertech: The court gave the company four weeks to refund money to 17 people who bought flats in its Emerald Towers project, which was shut down for flouting norms.
- Lenskart raises Rs 200 crore from Wipro Founder Azim Premji's investment office: In May, the company had raised Rs 400 crore in its Series D round of funding led by the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation.
- SBI stocks hit 52-week high after it issues bonds to Yes Bank worth Rs 2,100 crore: The public bank’s shares rose 2.74% to close at Rs 266.55. The company has outperformed the Sensex in the last quarter, advancing 30.34% to the index’s 8.22%.
- Gujarat HC issues notices to Centre, state and Pokémon GO developer Niantic after plea filed against app: The petitioner said offering eggs, which he said were non-vegetarian, to people in places of worship was objectionable.
- Once bitten, twice shy, SC says while barring 2G scam-accused Essar co-founder from leaving India: The apex court bench indirectly referred to businessman Vijay Mallya, who left the country in March after he owed Rs 9,000 crore to 17 banks.
- Indigenous variety of GM cotton almost ready for launch, say Indian scientists: The seeds are similar to Monsanto's product, but are more pest-resistant, a Delhi University-based team said.
- Centre begins work on 99 pending irrigation projects worth more than Rs 77,000 crore: The programmes – expected to be completed by 2019 – will focus on India's worst drought-hit regions and bring water to 7.6 million hectares of land.