A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- LinkedIn Lite mobile website launched in India for users with poor internet connectivity: The company has come up with two other new services – LinkedIn Placements and LinkedIn Starter Pack – to tap into the domestic market.
- Cairn India’s minority shareholders approve merger with Vedanta Limited: The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of the 2016-’17 financial year.
- Monsoon to start withdrawing from North West India in 3-4 days: The India Meteorological Department said conditions were 'becoming favourable' for the South West rains to start receding from West Rajasthan.
- IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde to go on trial in case of fraud: The former French finance minister has been accused of negligence and giving preferential treatment to a business tycoon.
- Retail inflation drops to five-month low of 5.05% in August, triggering hopes of interest rate cut: The index of Industrial Production Growth fell to 2.4% after manufacturing output shrunk by 3.4%.
- Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher Villa in Goa up for auction: Banks have kept Rs 85 crore as the reserve price for the October 19 sale.
- India’s top three women bankers feature in Fortune list of 50 most powerful women outside US: While SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya is ranked second on the list, ICICI Bank head Chanda Kochhar is on the fifth position and Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma is at 19.