A look at the headlines in the sector:
- Rupee reduces losses after Finance Ministry denies report of possible devaluation discussion: Union Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said she had not spoken to the media about the matter at all.
- Apple reveals prices of iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, slashes cost of 6S, 6S Plus models by Rs 22,000: The company also introduced 32GB and 256GB variants of the older models and discontinued the 64GB versions.
- GST Network project very complex, Infosys CEO Vishal Sikka says after meeting with Arun Jaitley: He said the Union government is looking to address 'pockets of weak preparedness' before the rollout of the new tax regime.
- Anil Ambani's Reliance Communications announces merger with Aircel, days after Jio launch: The joint venture worth Rs 35,000 crore is the largest-ever consolidation deal in the telecom sector in India.
- Bayer signs $66-billion deal to buy Monsanto, heralding the birth of a global agriculture behemoth: The merger will be scrutinised closely by 30 international regulators, including the EU and the US Department of Justice, before it can be finalised.
- Monsoon starts withdrawing from West Rajasthan, as Mumbai MeT department sounds heavy rain alert: Rainfall is expected to cover parts of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh till September 18.
- Nirma raises Rs 4,000-crore debt to fund deal with cement manufacturer Lafarge India: The world's largest cement manufacturer, LafargeHolcim Ltd, had announced in July that was selling its shareholding to the detergent company.