A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Reliance Industries faces $1.2-billion penalty in row with ONGC over migrated gas: Mukesh Ambani's RIL is believed to have exploited natural gas that migrated to its KG-D6 block in the Bay of Bengal from the state firm's adjacent asset.
- Centre looks to bring in transparency through new Real Estate Act rules in five union territories: The regulations will enforce stricter norms to monitor the sector, to ensure that the interests of both buyers and developers are safeguarded.
- Maruti sold 1.23 lakh cars in India in October, up 2.2% from last year on the back of festive demand: The boost came from the company's utility section – which include the Brezza and Ertiga – though the sale of its lower-end cars such as the Alto declined.
- Study finds racial discrimination in services of ride-hailing apps Uber and Lyft in United States: Researchers suggested removing names of passengers and drivers and raising financial disadvantages for driver cancellations to address this.
- Twitter's Asia Pacific vice president, Rishi Jaitly, quits: His resignation came at a time when the company's revenue growth nosedived for the eighth quarter with its user base stagnating.
- Infrastructure industries grew 5% in September, the highest in three months: The eight core trades from which the percentage is compiled make up nearly 38% of the items included in the Index of Industrial Production.
- After Mistry allegations, AirAsia says it is probing former executives for irregular expense claims: The former Tata group chairman had said that a forensic investigation of the airlines accounts revealed fraudulent transactions worth Rs 22 crore.