A look at headlines in the sector right now:
- Wind power tariff falls to record low of Rs 3.46 per unit at first auction: The current average feed-in-tariff is Rs 5 per kilowatt hour.
- Director of Ringing Bells, the company that made Freedom 251 phones, detained by police: Mohit Goel was arrested on fraud charges filed by a Ghaziabad-based company.
- Your success does not excuse your tolerance for harassment, early Uber investors tell company: Mitch and Freada Kapor said they were disappointed that the firm had ‘selected a team of insiders’ to investigate claims of sexism made by a former employee.
- China made a mistake by not hiring more Indian talent in science and technology, says state-run media: Because of lower labour costs in India, high-tech firms have been turning their attention there, the column said.
- Homestay aggregator Stayzilla halts operations, to restart with different business model: Company co-founder Yogendra Vasupal said the overall cost of doing business in India was one of the reasons behind the decision.
- GDP for Q4 2016 to slow to a three-year low of 6.4% because of demonetisation, suggests Reuters poll: At least 12 of the 34 economists surveyed said the move would affect economic activity in the country for the first half of 2017.
- Google sues Uber for allegedly stealing trade secrets and technology of self-driven cars: The lawsuit alleges that Otto’s co-founder Anthony Levandowski had downloaded 14,000 confidential files before he resigned from Google.