A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Sensex drops 145 points after hitting two-year high: Analysts believe the Assembly election results will determine the next direction for the markets.
- Price of non-subsidised LPG raised by Rs 86, the steepest such hike ever in India: Subsidised cooking gas saw a marginal increase of 13 paise to now cost Rs 434.93 per 14.2-kg cylinder.
- HDFC, ICICI and Axis Bank limit free cash deposits, withdrawals to four transactions: Customers will be charged Rs 150, or Rs 5 per thousand, for each bank transaction after the four free ones in a month.
- Marissa Mayer ready to give up her bonus for Yahoo’s lackadaisical response to 2014 hacking incident: Besides, General Counsel Ronald Bell has also resigned without his severance pay.
- No ban on water supply to Pepsi, Coca-Cola plants in Tamil Nadu, says Madras HC: The multinational companies said they would use only the surplus water.
- Cognizant spent $27 million on graft investigation last September, says report: The US-based company had announced an internal probe into allegations that it had made ‘improper payments to obtain permits and building licences in India’.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence to detect suicidal users in the US: The platform reaches out to the user with advice on how to get help.