The big news: BJP, Congress to fight it out in Goa Assembly floor test, and nine other top stories
Other headlines: A BJP worker was hacked to death by unidentified assailants in Bengaluru, and TVF chief Arunabh Kumar has denied claims of sexual harassment.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Supreme Court orders floor test in Goa Assembly on Thursday: The Congress asserted that it is the single largest party and has challenged the BJP’s move to form the government in the state.
- BJP member hacked to death in Bengaluru by unidentified assailants: State party president BS Yeddyurappa said the attack is indicative of the law-and-order situation under the Congress rule.
- TVF chief Arunabh Kumar denies sexual harassment allegations: He was accused of repeated indiscretions by an anonymous poster on Medium, after which three women spoke up on social media about his behaviour.
- Nifty hits all-time high, Sensex also soars after BJP wins Uttar Pradesh elections: The BSE index is nearing an all-time peak, gaining 615.70 points soon after it opened on Tuesday morning.
- Millions will lose their health insurance in the US under Trump’s plan to replace Obamacare, finds report: The Congressional Budget Office highlighted that older Americans would pay far higher premiums under the proposed legislation than under Obamacare.
- Former Congress leader SM Krishna set to join Karnataka BJP, says BS Yeddyurappa: The former Union minister had resigned from the party on January 29.
- Person sleeping on the road are partly responsible for an accident if they are run over, says motor tribunal: The bench suggested the person should sleep on the footpath and not on the road.
- Cross-LoC bus service suspended because of shelling in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch: Schools were closed and examinations were postponed in the district.
- UK Parliament passes Brexit Bill, Theresa May can now trigger Article 50: The prime minister might wait till the end of the month to begin the process to leave the EU.
- Dogs lie to get their way, finds new study: An experiment found that canines are capable of ‘tactical deception’ and can change their behaviour to work in their favour.