A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Karnataka government focuses on making entertainment, alcohol and food cheaper in budget: The Siddaramaiah government will spend Rs 100 crore to set up canteens that will provide breakfast for Rs 5, and lunch and dinner for Rs 10 in Bengaluru.
- Markets close flat ahead of US Federal Reserve announcement tonight: The rupee strengthened and surged to a 16-month high against the US dollar on Wednesday.
- Stayzilla chief Yogendra Vasupal arrested in Chennai after ad agency cries fraud: The CEO and co-founder of the homestay aggregator, which shut shop last month, has accused Jigsaw Advertising of harassment and intimidation in a blog post.
- Tata Sons hires investment banker Ankur Verma to chairman’s office: The former managing director at Bank of America is expected to bring ‘extensive experience in the areas of corporate planning and mergers and acquisitions’.
- India’s wholesale inflation rises to 6.5% in February, highest since November 2013: The surge in the index is on the back of higher prices of fuel, minerals and food prices.
- Farm loan waivers may disrupt credit discipline among borrowers, says SBI chief: People who get the benefit have expectations of similar considerations in the future and loans often remain unpaid, said Arundhati Bhattacharya.
- Centre may soon allow you to withdraw 90% of EPF to buy a home: The amendment will also let the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation subscribers use their accounts to pay home loan instalments.