A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Sensex plunges 317 points as worries over Donald Trump’s policies weigh Indian markets down: Nifty ended a little over the 9,000 mark.
- Aadhaar may be made compulsory to file IT returns, PAN card applications: The Centre has included the proposal in the Finance Bill, which is awaiting the president’s assent.
- Railways’ new Vikalp scheme will give waitlisted passengers berths in other trains at no extra cost: They can choose the new service, which will be rolled out on April 1, only after the charts for their current train are prepared.
- Cash transaction limit may be lowered from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 2 lakh, says revenue secretary: The Centre’s Finance Bill, which needs the president’s approval, has proposed penalising violators with fines, Hasmukh Adhia said.
- India has not accepted most of Apple’s demands, says Nirmala Sitharaman: The iPhone maker had asked for concessions, including customs duty waivers, to import components.
- Former Australian Greens Party leader launches fresh protest against Adani’s coal mine project: Bob Brown has the support of 1.5 million people, including 13 conservation and community organisations.
- Apple products go red to raise awareness about HIV and AIDS in Africa: New iPad will measure 9.7 inches and it will start from $329.