The big news: Kerala minister resigns after claims of sexual harassment, and nine other top stories
In other headlines: Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants were killed in J&K’s Awantipora, and a shooting at a nightclub in Ohio, USA, left one dead and many injured.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Kerala transport minister resigns after local channel alleges he sought sexual favours: Malayalam channel Mangalam, which released the audio clip as their first bulletin, has claimed that AK Saseendran had used inappropriate language with a woman.
- Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants killed in a gunfight in J&K’s Awantipora, a third escaped: Pulwana SSP Rayees Bhat and two other officials were on their way to a meeting when they had opened fire on them.
- One killed, 15 injured after gunman opens fire inside Cincinnati nightclub: The police said there were hundreds at Cameo Nightclub, Ohio, when the incident took place, and several had sustained life-threatening injuries.
- Kerala man assaulted in Australia’s Hobart city in an alleged racist attack: Li Max Joy said the teenagers had yelled ‘you bloody black Indians’ and beat him up at a McDonald’s outlet unprovoked.
- Nathan Lyon scalps four wickets as Australia restrict India to 248/6 on Day 2 in Dharamsala Test: The visitors fought back well in the last two sessions, after KL Rahul and Cheteshwar Pujara scored half centuries.
- Months after 13-year-old Jain girl died fasting, Hyderabad Police drop case against her parents: Investigators said there was no evidence to prove that Aradhana Samdariya’s parents, who were booked for culpable homicide last October, had forced her to fast.
- Uttar Pradesh BJP MLA says he will break the limbs of those who kill cows, don’t say Vande Mataram: Vikram Saini has refused to apologise for his comments and has insisted that he has done no wrong.
- ‘The Danish Girl’ will not be aired on Indian TV as the censor board thinks it is too controversial: The CFBC has denied the film the required certification for television saying it is too sensitive for viewers and would have needed too many cuts.
- ‘New India’ is not a political party’s manifesto, says Narendra Modi on Mann ki Baat: The prime minister also lauded citizens for opting for cashless transactions, saying over 1.5 crore people had downloaded the Bhim app in the past few months.
- UK Parliament attacker acted alone, say police: There is a possibility we will never understand why he did this, said investigators.