A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Reliance Jio denies reports of massive hacking after website leaks customer data: The site that had released the details is now no longer accessible.
- Corporate earning cues help Sensex hit new all-time high, Nifty ends above 9,700: The NSE index had stopped trading briefly after facing a technical glitch.
- Air India stops serving meat to domestic economy class passengers as a way to ‘cut costs’: This will save the airline around Rs 8 crore a year.
- Fresh corporate investments grew at the slowest pace since 1992 in the 2016-17 financial year: Analysts said a poor demand in the economy and banks’ reluctance to lend to new projects had led to this decline.
- Anand Mahindra apologises after audio clip of HR asking Tech Mahindra employee to resign goes viral: The company chairperson said they will take action to ensure that such an incident was not repeated in the future.
- Paytm transfers 800 staff to Paytm Mall: Paytm Mall has said that it plans to hire 2,000 more employees across business and technology roles this year.
- Airtel postpaid customers can now carry forward their unused data balance: The carrier sunused data up to 200 GB will be rolled over for use the next month.