At least 10 Indians and one Bangladeshi were killed on Wednesday after fire broke out in a windowless house in in Saudi Arabia’s Najran city, PTI reported. At least six others, including four Indians, were injured. A short circuit in an old air-conditioning unit caused the fire, officials believe.

The deceased worked at a construction company and lived near a gold market in Faisaliah district. Three of those killed were from Kerala, The Times of India reported.

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj confirmed the news on Twitter and said that the Indian officials will reach Najran soon to take stock of the situation. “I have spoken to Consul General Jeddah,” she said on Twitter. “Najran is 900 km from Jeddah. Our Consul General is in touch with the governor of Najran.”

“Firefighters put out a blaze in a house lacking ventilation and having no windows,” the Saudi civil defense directorate said on Twitter. “Eleven people died of asphyxiation, and six others were injured.”

Prince Jluwi bin Governor or Najran criticised the conditions in which foreign workers lived in Saudi, Arab News reported. He directed the Civil Defense, Municipality and the Ministry of Labour and Social Development to set up a committee to look into whether unfit buildings are rented to foreign workers.