A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Sensex ends over 150 points down, Nifty manages to stay above 10,300: Losses made by Reliance Industries and Bharti Airtel dragged both indices down.
- Twitter rolls out 280 character limit for most users: The company said the new limit would not apply to tweets in Japanese, Chinese and Korean as they can convey more information in a single character.
- CBI says it has arrested 47 people accused of illegally exchanging demonetised notes: CBI Director Alok Kumar Verma had asked the agency’s officers to give top priority to demonetisation-related cases, a spokesperson said.
- PayPal launches its operations in India Operations: The American company has begun to offer online payments on local e-commerce websites.
- Civil aviation minister summons IndiGo staff, passenger over video of assault: The clip showed two personnel pushing the 53-year-old man to the ground and beating him up.
- Saudi Arabia’s crackdown on corruption sends oil prices soaring to highest since July 2015: Banks have begun to freeze accounts of several suspects, and private jets were not allowed to take off from some airports, local reports said.
- Delhi court asks Vijay Mallya to appear before it by December 18: The ED approached the Patiala House Court, seeking to declare the businessman a proclaimed offender in connection with a FEMA violation case.