A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Technology should be used more to empower women, says Ivanka Trump at business summit in Hyderabad: The US president’s adviser said that women comprise half of the world’s population and that ‘their issues’ needed to be taken seriously.
- Bitcoin value crosses $10,000 for the first time, gains 10 times this year: At 11.30 am, the virtual currency was quoted at around $10,115 apiece on digital exchange BitStamp.
- Nestlé India fined Rs 62 lakh in Uttar Pradesh for selling ‘sub-standard’ Maggi: The company said the samples were from 2015 and that ‘incorrect standards’ were used to test them.
- Onion prices soar to Rs 80 per kg in Delhi because of limited supply: The Centre has ordered 2,000 tonnes of onion to be imported to boost supplies.
- Electronic payment company Paytm officially launches Payments Bank: The service was earlier made available to customers with the latest update to the Paytm app.
- Arun Jaitley says Centre has not waived loans granted to ‘capitalists’: The finance minister accused the former UPA government of taking no action against loan defaulters.
- BSE Sensex ends flat, NSE Nifty closes above 10,350 points: Wipro, Sun Pharma, Bosch and Bharti Infratel were the top gainers.