The big news: Jet Airways passengers bleed as cabin pressure drops, and nine other top stories
Other headlines: The US criticised Pakistan for not doing enough to curb terror funding, and Goa BJP members said they were yet to decide on state leadership.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Passengers on Mumbai-Jaipur Jet Airways flight start bleeding after cabin pressure drops: The Directorate General of Civil Aviation said the crew had forgotten to switch on the system to maintain cabin pressure.
- Jaish and Lashkar pose threat in subcontinent as Pakistan has failed to act against them, says US: The US State Department accused Islamabad of not taking steps against groups focussed on carrying out attacks outside the country.
- No decision yet on political leadership in Goa, says BJP MP after meeting Amit Shah: Three senior BJP parliamentarians from the state met the party president and central observers on Wednesday to discuss the impasse in the state.
- Uttarakhand Assembly adopts resolution to declare cow ‘rashtra mata’: Animal Husbandry Minister Rekha Arya, who tabled the resolution, claimed that cows are the only animal to both inhale and exhale oxygen.
- Those opposing China-Pakistan Economic Corridor will never succeed, says President Xi Jinping: India opposes the project as it passes through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- Surgical strikes showed the world that India means business, says Union minister Piyush Goyal: He said the government would celebrate the second anniversary of the attack on September 29.
- Union Cabinet approves ordinance on triple talaq, makes it a punishable offence: Congress claimed that the Modi government was treating triple talaq like a ‘political football’.
- Digvijaya Singh files complaint against Shivraj Chouhan and Uma Bharati in Bhopal court: He alleged that crucial evidence against the Madhya Pradesh chief minister and the union minister was deleted from an Excel sheet seized from the main accused..
- Pakistan court orders release of ex-PM Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam from jail: In July, Sharif was sentenced to 10 years in prison in connection with a corruption case.
- Remove pictorial tiles of PM, CM from houses built under central scheme, rules Madhya Pradesh High Court: The court asked the government to file a compliance report by December 20.