A man in Tamil Nadu had a lucky escape after his motorcycle caught fire at a petrol station in Tirunelveli.

The man was seated on his bike when it was suddenly engulfed in fire. The incident reportedly occurred due to fuel overflowing from the two-wheeler after it had been filled it to its capacity. The scene was caught on CCTV cameras at the station and the video was posted by ANI.

The rider managed to jump off just in time, but suffered severe burn injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital.