Current affairs wrap of the day: September 6th, 2019
Get all the big national and international news and stay up to date with Current Affairs and General Knowledge to prepare for competitive exams.
We welcome your comments at
SC to examine validity of amendments to UAPA
- Supreme Court issued was hearing a plea against the amendments in the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Law Act in which government can declare an individual a terrorist.
- SC said that it will examine the constitutional validity of the amendment.
- Activist Sajal Awasthi, who filed the petition, said that the law is against fundamental rights and violates the rights of an individual.
- Before the amendment, only organisations could be categorised as terrorists.
Hurricane Dorian kills more than 20 in Bahamas
- Different reports suggest anywhere from 20 to 30 people have been killed.
- Thousands of home have been left without power in the Caribbean archipelago.
- The hurricane is moving towards USA eastern coast where than 2 million people have been evacuated.
Delhi court sends P Chidambaram to judicial custody
- The CBI Court sent the former finance minister to judicial custody till September 16th in the INX Media case.
- CBI informed the judge that the minister is an influential person and thus should be sent to the judicial custody.
- The court directed that Chidambaram should be kept in a separate cell as he has Z-security. It also allowed Chidambaram to carry his medicines to jail.