Over three seasons and 60 episodes, Eco India — a sustainability magazine show by Scroll.in and DW — has showcased inspiring eco-initiatives and brought to light efforts of eco heroes from all over India.
Covering the fantastic work done by environmental activists, eco-preneurs, regular citizens and even little children, with initiatives from waste management and solar energy to ethical clothing and zero-emission innovations, Eco India takes a look at the range of pressing ecological issues these eco-heroes are helping solve.
Before we introduce to you our brand new season, our editors did a quick recap of some of the best stories from the first three seasons:
1. This episode gave us a great insight how access to solar energy is shaping the lives of people in India and that a shift towards renewables is also possible in countries like Germany despite all criticism.
2. Fast fashion is ubiquitous today. This episode contextualizes for us how a simple act like buying a t-shirt can have long-term repercussions for our planet.
3. This is an all-time favourite because it gave us an insight into the completely new world and life of these salt farmers. I personally didn’t believe something like this still existed
4. Our energy needs are expected to increase by 50% by 2050. This episode shows us how parts of the world are already preparing to tackle the great surge.
5. This episode showed how different agriculture looks in India and Europe but we all suffer from the effects of climate change.
And now with these well-received episodes, contests and on-ground community engagement efforts, Eco India is back with yet another season, featuring inspiring eco-heroes. Here’s a link to the new season of Eco India:
This article was produced by the Scroll marketing team for the show Eco India, a joint editorial property of Scroll.in and DW, and not by the Scroll editorial team.