German investigators on Saturday said there were evident links between the shooter who killed nine people in a Munich mall on Friday and Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, but no evidence connecting him to the Islamic State. The 18-year-old opened fire in Olympia Shopping Centre on Friday, killing nine people and injuring ten, before he allegedly shot himself in the head.
On Saturday, Munich Police chief Hubertus Andrae said the shooter had been receiving psychiatric treatment and had been depressed. He said they had discovered no links between him and any terrorist organisations. Friday's shooting coincided with the fifth anniversary of right-wing fanatic Breivik's massacre in Norway that killed 77 people. Investigators also said they had found a lot of literature on mass killings while searching the gunman’s home.