A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Cabinet approves formation of Goods and Services Tax Council: The body will be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and will decide on the tax rate as well as central, state and integrated laws.
- Sensex ends 443 points lower, Nifty down 151 in biggest fall since Brexit vote: The BSE index saw a 550-point drop earlier in the day, following talk of the US Federal Reserve raising its interest rates as early as next week.
- Snapdeal unveils new logo and tagline as part of rebranding efforts: The Gurgaon-based company will spend Rs 200 crore on marketing in the next two years.
- Indirect tax collections rise by 27.5% to Rs 3.36 lakh crore in August: The spike comes on the back of an increase in excise revenues, while the government has achieved 43.2% of its annual collection target so far.
- BSNL, Vodafone ink roaming agreement to enhance coverage, reduce call drops: The deal comes ten days after Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Limited launched Jio, its own mobile network.
- Domino's will serve only vegetarian food during Navratri in half its outlets across the country: The new menu will feature no onions, garlic or grains, and instead have pizza bases made of singhara atta (water chestnut flour) and saabudana crispies.
- WhatsApp introduces Snapchat-like doodling options and selfie flash on Android Beta version: The instant messaging service is also working on developing a video calling feature, besides gif support for its platform.