A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Sensex plunges 465 points, Nifty ends below 8,500 after Army confirms operation along LoC: The slump followed high trading in both indices in the morning, amid reports of the Opec deal to cut oil production.
- Oil prices surge as Opec decides to cut production, Wall Street, Asian markets cheer: The overall energy index on in the US jumped up by 4.34%, the highest since January.
- WhatsApp defies Delhi High Court order on user data, will share information with Facebook as planned: The court had ordered the messaging platform to remove the data of those people who deleted their accounts before September 25.
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance makes sluggish market debut: With an issue price of Rs 334, its shares fluctuated on the Bombay Stock Exchange, hitting a low of Rs 315.65 at one point.
- $5.5-million kickback paid to agent in Embraer deal, finds preliminary CBI inquiry: Officials said the 'breakthrough' will help to convert the initial investigation to a regular case after an FIR is registered.
- India's GDP will grow by more than 7% in 2016 and China's by 6%, says IMF chief Christine Lagarde: The Fund's managing director warned against trade restrictions and protectionist policies, saying recovery from the 2009 financial crisis was 'still fragile'.
- Reliance Jio says cellular body's 'back door operator' remark is defamatory: The COAI, however, said the company's claim that the association's functions were biased towards dominant service providers was aimed at disgracing it.