A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Old notes to be accepted at government hospitals, fuel pumps till November 24: The daily ATM withdrawal limit was increased to Rs 2,500, and cash weekly withdrawal up to Rs 24,000 will now be allowed.
- Recalibrated ATMs to dispense Rs 2,000 notes from tomorrow, says economic secretary: Shaktikanta Das said there would be enough cash and more recalibrated ATMs soon, and reiterated the Centre’s call to not panic.
- Paytm, MobiKwik claim boost in business after currency demonetisation: Both companies have also announced their intentions to expand their offline presence by partnering with merchants across the country.
- Reliance Jio skips cellular operators meeting in opposition to its voting rules: The current procedure at the COAI gives the three biggest telecom operators in India – Bharti Airtel, Idea and Vodafone – 68% of the total votes.
- Two bank unions slam government’s demonetisation exercise: All India Bank Officers’ Association and All India Bank Employees Association members said the Centre’s programme was unplanned and put extreme pressure on bank staffers.
- Centre extends toll exemption from demonetisation deadline to November 18 midnight: Officials said the government relaxed the deadline to facilitate smooth traffic movement across all national highways and provide relief to cash-starved people.
- TVS CMD Venu Srinivasan is Sir Dorabji Tata Trust’s newest trustee: The chairman and managing director of TVS Motors was appointed on October 31.