A look at the headlines in this sector right now
- Rs 1,000 notes will not be reintroduced as of now, says Arun Jaitley: The finance minister also said as many as 22,500 out of the two lakh ATMs across the country will be recalibrated on Thursday.
- Microsoft joins Linux Foundation, which promotes open-source technology: The Windows developer’s platinum membership comes as a surprise as loyalists for both companies are bitter rivals.
- Nasscom cuts growth rate of India’s IT services sector to 8%-10%: The US presidential elections and Brexit were among the factors behind the lowering the projection for this financial year from 10%-12%.
- Australia makes it harder for work visa holders to find new jobs, Indians will be affected the most: Workers will now have just 60 days to look for employment after leaving a company, as against the 90 days they had before.
- Over-the-counter currency exchange will be limited to Rs 2,000 from Friday: Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das announced that farmers can withdraw Rs 25,000 and traders can take Rs 50,000 a week from their accounts.
- After demonetisation, Ola Credit allows users to book cab now and pay within a week: The option – available only to select customers – was introduced to help people ‘conserve cash’, following the government’s demonetisation move.
- Drug pricing authority was not consulted on the proposal to dismantle it, says chairman: Bhupender Singh said the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Agency was not at the two meetings held to discuss the matter.