We welcome your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Supreme Court dismisses plea asking for probe into Birla-Sahara diaries: The top court had earlier said there was insufficient evidence to make a case against the prime minister.
- Amazon Canada must take down all products insulting Indian national flag, demands Sushma Swaraj: The external affairs minister threatened to withhold and rescind visas from Amazon employees if they failed to follow her direction immediately.
- I think it was Russia: Donald Trump on outside involvement in US presidential elections: Trump’s press conference came hours after US President Barack Obama made in his farewell speech.
- Two dead after gunmen open fire at Trinamool Congress office in Kharagpur: Attackers on a bike rode up to the office and fired at party workers at around 2.30 pm on Wednesday.
- The worst is yet to come, says former PM Manmohan Singh on demonetisation: Singh expressed concerns over India’s declining GDP and said the decision to ban Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes was disastrous.
- 1.2 million deaths in India annually because of air pollution: Greenpeace ‘Airpocalypse’ report: New Delhi topped the list of 20 most polluted cities in the country.
- 10 dead in Himachal Pradesh as temperature plunges to -3.2°C in Shimla: Mumbai also witnessed an abnormally cold day as the mercury dropped to 12.5°C, the lowest in three years.
- Russia denies having any compromising information on US President-elect Donald Trump: ‘It is pulp fiction’, Vladimir Putin’s spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said.
- Dieticians will look into quality of food served to troops after BSF soldier’s videos go viral: ‘Jawans and their food and comfort is the government’s top priority,’ said Kiren Rijiju.
- Three detained in Chennai for not standing up for national anthem at film festival: They were also allegedly manhandled in an altercation after they did not stand for the song.