A fire broke out at RK Studio in Mumbai’s Chembur area on Saturday afternoon, PTI reported. Eleven fire engines, five water tankers and ambulances were called in to douse the blaze and rescue operations, according to IANS. No casualties were reported.
The level 2 fire broke out on the sets of the show Super Dancer, ANI reported. However, the crew was not at the set when the blaze started. The fire had damaged hall number 1 of the studios.
The fire was confined to electric wiring, decorative equipment and electric installation on the ground floor of the building, Mumbai fire brigade Chief PS Rahangdale told PTI.
Relief operations are underway at the site and cause of the fire will be investigated, an official told PTI.
The RK Studio was founded in 1948 by late actor and filmmaker Raj Kapoor. His son and actor Rishi Kapoor said, “We have lost the iconic stage 1. Thankfully, [there were] no casualties...All your concerns are appreciated.”