Malayalam actor Dileep on Tuesday got bail in connection with the alleged abduction and assault of a female actor in February, ANI reported. The actor has been in judicial custody since July 10, barring a two-hour parole he got earlier this month to attend his father’s death anniversary rituals.
On September 27, Dileep’s counsel had told the Kerala High Court that his client would fulfill any conditions to be out on bail. He was been denied bail by Kochi’s Angamaly Magistrate Court for four times, following which he filed a third bail plea in the high court.
The prosecution had told the Kerala High Court on September 27 that Dileep offered key accused Pulsar Suni up to Rs 3 crore to abduct the actor. While Dileep promised Suni Rs 1.5 crore for the abduction, he said the amount would double if the police caught him in the act, the prosecution said during the hearing.
Dileep has consistently claimed that he does not know Suni, though the police have said they have evidence to prove otherwise.
On February 17, a group of men had allegedly waylaid a female actor’s vehicle in Ernakulam’s Angamaly. They were then said to have taken photos of her as they assaulted her and later fled with the car.