Chinook military helicopters’ first batch delivered
- The military helicopter will provide Indian armed force strategic airlift capabilities for both combat and humanitarian missions.
- The helicopter is made by Boeing and was delivered at Mundra port.
- The assembling of the helicopter will be done at Gujarat and will be transported to Chandigarh where it will be formally inducted.
- A total number of 15 helicopters’ order was place and this is the first batch of four helicopters.
Andhra Pradesh CM Naidu goes on hunger strike demanding special status to the state
- Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will be holding a hunger strike at Andhra Bhavan in New Delhi today, February 11th.
- The protest is to demand a special status for the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Naidu said that the centre had promised to provide special status to the state after Telangana state was carved out in 2014.
- The CM is expected to submit a memorandum to President Kovind tomorrow, February 12th.
Court ask Delhi police to launch an FIR against Arnab Goswami
- The Congress MP Shashi Tharoor had accused Republic TV whose Editor-in-Chief is Goswami of stealing confidential documents.
- The documents in question were related to the death of Tharoor’s wife Sunanda Pushkar.
- The Delhi Metropolitan court in its order asked the Delhi Police to file an FIR against the Republic TV and Arnab Goswami stating that it is not clear how the documents were obtained by the accused and thus a probe is warranted.
- Delhi Police needs to file a compliance report and the Metropolitan Magistrate Dharmender Singh listed the matter for hearing for April 4th.
Ladhak becomes the third administrative region of J&K
- The administrative region would comprise of Leh and Kargil districts.
- The headquarter of this administrative region will be situated in Leh.
- Previously, the region was part of Kashmir administrative region.