A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- IMF chief says Brexit uncertainty must end soon to stop economic slowdown: Christine Lagarde said they have cut this year's global growth forecast by 0.1% points to 3.1%.
- Jeff Bezos becomes the world’s third-richest person after edging past Warren Buffett: The Amazon founder’s net worth rose by $5.4 billion this year, while Buffett gave away $2.2 billion to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- After six weeks of monsoon, reservoir water levels at 34% of live storage capacity: Central and western India witnessed highest increase in water levels, though three reservoirs in Maharashtra remain dry.
- India received $5.4 billion dollar foreign direct investment in April-May: Minister of State for Finance Arjun Meghwal said the country got $4.76 billion FDI through automatic route, and $582 million via approval route.
- General Motors puts on hold its plan to invest $ 1 billion in India: The company claimed it will take time to change its strategy from using India mainly as an exporter to building a domestic market for its cars.
- Twitter bans a troll, Wikileaks says it will start a rival service: The journalistic organisation said it's supporters are threatened by a space of feudal justice.
- I-T Department identifies 90 lakh non-PAN transactions during drive to track black money: These big money deals include sale or purchase of immovable property worth Rs 30 lakh or more and cash deposits of Rs 10 lakh or more in savings accounts.