The big news: Supreme Court orders independent audit of BCCI's finances, and nine other top stories
The Finance Ministry has sought information on the security breach in ATM networks, and the Centre has launched the UDAN scheme to enhance regional aviation.
A look at the headlines right now:
- SC curbs BCCI financial deals, asks Lodha panel to appoint independent auditor to inspect accounts: President of the board Anurag Thakur has to submit an undertaking in two weeks, saying they will comply with the committee's recommendations.
- Finance Ministry seeks information on ATM security breach, banks block over 32 lakh debit cards: The National Payments Corporation of India said 641 customers and 19 banks had complained of fraudulent withdrawals amounting to Rs 1.3 crore.
- Centre launches UDAN scheme to enhance regional aviation, imposes Rs 2,500 fare cap for one-hour flights: Airlines will charge a levy on their major routes to fund the programme, which is expected to start in January 2017.
- No ban on Pakistani artists performing in India, says Vikas Swarup: The External Affairs Ministry spokesperson said Islamabad's restriction on Indian TV and radio programmes was unfortunate.
- We have to create an environment of peace and tranquillity in Jammu and Kashmir, says Mehbooba Mufti: The chief minister said stopping militancy was necessary for initiating a dialogue to resolve the crisis in the state.
- CBI files FIR in Embraer deal, names NRI defence consultant as key accused in the case: The investigative agency said Vipin Khanna received kickbacks of around $5.76 million from the Brazilian company in 2009.
- Varun Gandhi denies claims of leaking defence secrets as incriminating letter to PMO is made public: The BJP MP also threatened to sue the founders of Swaraj Abhiyan for defamation for releasing the letter at a press conference.
- At least 12 dead after Typhoon Haima hits Philippines: The storm, which was the strongest to hit the nation in the past three years, has left vast stretches of rice and corn fields submerged.
- Pakistan court says schizophrenia not a mental disorder, dismisses mercy plea of death row convict: The Supreme Court said Imdad Ali's condition was not a permanent one and varied according to the 'level of stress'.
- Toll rises to 24 in Odisha hospital fire after three more victims succumb to injuries: The police will interrogate the facility's chairperson, who has been accused of negligence, for the next two days.