A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Reliance Jio will offer free data, voice and video services till March 31, says Mukesh Ambani: While introducing other offers, the RIL chairman also accused leading telecom operators of ‘anti-competitive behaviour’.
- GDP rises to 7.3% in Q2, but analysts say demonetisation impact will show later: The step to denotify Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes will slow down growth in the coming quarters, experts said.
- Price of subsidised LPG hiked by Rs 2.07, jet fuel rates slashed by 3.7%: The cost of non-subsidised cooking gas was increased by Rs 54.5, and a litre of kerosene now costs Rs 17.51.
- RBI claims there is enough cash to deal with payday rush, but banks say they are out of money: A Finance Ministry official said plenty of Rs 500 notes will be ‘routed through the banking system every day from December 1’.
- British industrialist George Buckley, Noel Tata in fray for Tata Sons top post, say reports: There is also speculation that TCS CEO N Chandrasekaran and Jaguar Land Rover chief Ralf Speth’s names are being considered for the chairperson’s post.
- Petrol price hiked by 13 paise a litre, diesel slashed by 12 paise: The rates were revised in line with the the current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel, Indian Oil Corporation said.
- Over 1 million Android phones compromised by ‘Googlian’ malware security breach: The infection allows the virus access to Google accounts data in devices that run on the Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop versions of the operation system.