A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Ratan Tata has no plans of stepping down at this point, says company after reports to the contrary: A statement said that a process is being put in place merely to ensure there is a smooth succession at an appropriate time.
- SC refers all demonetisation cases to a constitution bench: The apex court said it did not wish to interfere with the Centre’s decision and barred all high courts from hearing petitions on the currency ban.
- Paytm claims 48 customers had duped the firm of Rs 6.15 lakh: The CBI filed an FIR after Legal Manager M Sivakumar said clients had received refunds even though their orders had been successfully delivered.
- OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei questions Flipkart ad on Amazon-exclusive smartphone: He tweeted to Sachin Bansal after his company teased the sale of OnePlus3 at discounted price.
- Nusli Wadi sues Tata Sons for defaming him, seeks Rs 3,000 crore in damages: The ousted independent director said the steps taken against him by the conglomerate were hasty and vindictive.
- Two engineering students arrested in Rajasthan for duping Flipkart of Rs 1.05 crore, 152 phones: The accused would order expensive products, then get refunds by falsely claiming they had received empty boxes.
- WhatsApp could soon allow users to revoke, edit sent messages: A beta version of the messaging app included the features in its update.