A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- IMF expresses ‘full confidence’ in Christine Lagarde despite her conviction in fraud case: The board said they had ‘wide respect’ for her and trust in her ability to continue as their managing director.
- Last-minute seats on Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto get a 10% discount, fewer tatkal tickets: The cheaper fares will be available on vacant berths available after the reservation charts have been made.
- Pakistani Senate passes resolution to demonetise Rs 5,000 notes: The country’s lawmakers believe the currency ban will encourage people to open bank accounts and restrict the circulation of black money.
- Kin of Orlando shooting victims sue Facebook, Twitter, Google for ‘material support’ to Islamic State: The lawsuit claimed that the explosive growth of the terror outfit was made possible through these platforms.
- I-T officials seize Rs 10 crore in old notes, six kg of gold jewellery from trader in Chennai: The department raided the businessman’s premises after receiving inputs that he was exchanging demonetised currency for gold at a commission.
- Railway commuters will have to pay for the services used, says Arun Jaitley: Two months before the Union Budget’s presentation, the finance minister said performance in the sector had been badly hit by past policies.
- Indian markets slump amid global cues, Tata stocks surge: The BSE Sensex closed 67 points down, while the NSE Nifty ended below the 8,100 mark.