A look at the headlines in this sector:
- Sensex slips 206 points after Indian Army says it attacked military posts in Pakistan: The Manchester attack also dragged markets down.:
- Paytm Payments Bank goes live with 4% annual interest on saving accounts deposits: The first branch will be in Noida with the company planning to open 31 branches and 3,000 customer service points across India in a year.
- Goldman Sachs likely to invest $1 billion in India: The US investment bank said it was reviewing two deals in the financial services sector and in a quasi-real estate field.
- Auction of Sahara Group’s Aamby Valley City slated for June: The money from the sale has two claimants - the Sebi and the income tax department.
- CBI files another chargesheet against Naveen Jindal, this time for the Urtan North coal block: The court has asked the industrialist, three other accused and Jindal Steel and Power Ltd to appear before it on September 4.
- Wipro’s general counsel Inderpreet Sawhney appointed by Infosys: Sawhney is likely to join next month.
- CA linked to Lalu Prasad Yadav’s daughter Misa Bharti arrested by ED in money laundering case: Rajesh Agarwal’s arrest is allegedly connected to an I-T department probe into dubious land deals worth Rs 1,000-crore involving Yadav’s family.