A look at the headlines in the sector:
- India continues to be a high-growth economy, says Arun Jaitley: Economic Affairs Subhash Chandra Garg made a presentation on the state of the economy and what lies ahead.
- Centre waives penalty for delay in filing GST returns for August-September: According to the law, a daily penalty of Rs 100 is levied on the Central GST and an equivalent amount on State GST.
- HDFC Bank net profit rises 20.1% in July-September quarter: The bank’s advances for the second quarter grew 22.34% to Rs 6.05 lakh crore year-on-year.
- Sensex ends 100 points higher, Nifty crosses 10,200 mark ahead of earnings reports: Asian Paints rose nearly 4.7% both on BSE and NSE after the company reports 8% rise in September quarter.
- Does Yamuna Expressway project belong to Jaypee Associates, SC asks debt-ridden realty firm: The company had proposed to sell the project to raise funds in order to pay back the money it owes to over 30,000 people.
- Sebi disposes of charges that NDTV promoters delayed disclosure of shareholding details in 2012: The stock exchanges admitted they had received the relevant disclosures within the stipulated time period.
- Reliance Communications’ shares decline after telecom department approves merger with Sistema: The merger will add about 2 million customers and an annual revenue of Rs 700 crore to the Anil Ambani-led company.