A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Strong showing by SBI, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro push Sensex, Nifty to record highs: While healthcare and energy stocks fell on both, 11 of BSE’s 19 sectoral indices ended higher.
- Apple’s iPhone X to go on sale from 6 pm in India: Customers have a choice of offers to buy the device both online and from stores.
- Mukesh Ambani becomes Asia’s richest man on Forbes’ real-time list of billionaires: On Friday morning, Ambani stood at the 16th spot on the real-time list globally with a net worth of $41.9 billion.
- Centre makes FASTag mandatory for all new four-wheelers from December 1: FASTag is a device that uses radio frequency identification technology to automatically deduct toll charges without requiring motorists to stop at the booths.
- Centre tells SC it won’t take action against petitioners who didn’t deposit demonetised notes: The Supreme Court allowed the 14 petitioners to argue their cases before the Constitution bench that is hearing a plea challenging the validity of the note ban.
- WhatsApp users across the world report outages, take to Twitter to complain: There has been no official statement from the messaging service yet.
- Bitcoin crosses $7,000 for the first time, trading platform Coinbase adds over 1 lakh users in a day: It has been rising since CME Group’s announcement on Tuesday that it would launch bitcoin futures contracts by the end of the year.