The big news: Brutalised body of a 15-year-old girl found in Haryana’s Jind, and 9 other top stories
Other headlines: Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Narendra Modi will sign 8 MoUs today, and Bar Association chief met the CJI amid rift in the judiciary.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Body of Dalit girl with 19 injuries found in Haryana’s Jind, medical exam reveals gang-rape: The girl had been missing from Kurukshetra city since January 9.
- Israeli PM Netanyahu receives ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan, pays homage at Raj Ghat: The Israeli leader said the visit to India has been ‘deeply moving’ for him and his wife.
- Supreme Court Bar Association chief meets CJI, hands over a resolution on judiciary rift: Vikas Singh said that Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra had assured him of finding a resolution.
- Security forces killed four Jaish-e-Mohammad militants in Dulanja-Uri, says police chief: The militants were gunned down during a joint operation conducted by the by the Indian Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police and the Central Armed Police Forces.
- CBI judge Loya’s son tells media he has no suspicions about his father’s death: Anuj Loya asked the media not to harass the family.
- Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas denounces Trump’s peace plan for West Asia: The Oslo Accords between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization were now effectively over, Abbas said.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank vice president warns of possible ‘bubble’ after surge in stock markets: Indians were investing massive amounts of money into a small number of stocks, Kotak Mahindra Bank Vice Chairperson Uday Kotak said.
- Army chief says military operations should be ‘ramped up’ in J&K to pressurise Pakistan: Bipin Rawat added that the security forces in the state must evolve new strategies and tactics.
- Coast guard finds voice data recorder of helicopter that went missing off Mumbai coast: Six bodies have been recovered till Sunday evening.
- World Economic Forum ranks India 30th on manufacturing index, says demand for its goods rising: Among BRICS countries, India is ranked behind China but is ahead of Brazil, Russia and South Africa.