The big news: 49 confirmed dead after Bangladesh plane crashes in Nepal, and nine other top stories
Other headlines: Farmers called off their protest after Maharashtra agreed to fulfil their demands, and SC accused the Hooda-led Haryana government of fraud.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Bangladesh plane crashes in Kathmandu, 49 confirmed dead, 22 being treated: The cause of the crash is not yet clear.
- Maharashtra farmers call off their protest after chief minister says government will fulfil demands: The Central Railways will run two special trains from Mumbai to Bhusawal on Monday for the return of the agitators.
- Supreme Court scraps illegal Haryana land deals, takes the plots away from private builders: With ‘mala fide exercise of power’, the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government had allowed various entities to make ‘unnatural gains’ from the Gurugram plots.
- Aviation authority grounds eight IndiGo and three GoAir aircraft with faulty engines: These Airbus flights of the 320 neo family had reported a number of episodes of mid-air failure.
- BJP leader says party doesn’t believe in statues – but will build one of Tripura’s last king: Sunil Deodhar said the BJP will not replace the razed statue of communist icon Lenin in Belonia town.
- Tata Consultancy Services’ shares tumble after reports claim Tata Sons may sell 1.5% stake in it: The likely price of the stake sale is lower than the last closing price of the stock.
- Dalai Lama, listed as one of the chief guests, will not attend the Indian Science Congress, say reports: Officials in the Tibetan administration in exile said the spiritual leader had no plans to visit Manipur this week.
- United Nations human rights experts blame Facebook for spreading hatred against Rohingya in Myanmar: Chief of UN fact-finding mission Marzuki Darusman said the social media giant played a ‘determining role’ in the alleged genocide in Rakhine.
- Accused in Gauri Lankesh murder to undergo narco-analysis test: The Special Investigation Team looking into the case got the court’s permission to subject Naveen Kumar to the test.
- Kerala, Karnataka ban forest treks temporarily after Theni fire kills 10: The Tamil Nadu government had said the trekkers who were trapped in Theni had not taken the required permission to be in the area.