Thirty students of a government school in Delhi’s Narela fell ill on Wednesday after eating a mid-day meal that allegedly had a dead lizard in it, The Indian Express reported, quoting police.

This is the second such incident this week – on July 7, two students of a school in Delhi’s Kalyanpuri fell ill after consuming food in which a lizard was allegedly found.

“There was a lizard in the kadi pakoda we had for mid-day meal today [Wednesday],” said the school’s Vice Principal Carmela Kujur. “I also ate the same meal, and had to take medicine. I have informed the Directorate of Education through WhatsApp, but an official report will be submitted tomorrow [Thursday].”

The students were admitted to Satyawadi Raja Harish Chandra Hospital, reported PTI. Hospital authorities said most students complained of abdominal pain.

A police team collected samples of the food for testing. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) Rajneesh Gupta said a case has been registered under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code.

Education Minister Manish Sisodia said he has called for a meeting of school principals and non-governmental organisations that prepare the food. “We received a complaint that a lizard was found in the mid-day meal at a school in Narela,” he said. “It is not only careless, but also criminal. If any NGO is found not meeting standards, their contract will be cancelled.”

Member of Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights Ranjana Prasad said a notice has been issued to the Directorate of Education asking them to take action against the supplier of the meal. “When I visited the hospital, 30 children were complaining of nausea and stomach ache,” she said.