A look at the headlines right now:
1. British lawmaker Jo Cox shot dead, Brexit to be delayed: The 41-year-old Labour Party MP was a vocal supporter of Britain remaining in the European Union.
2. Udta Punjab out today, after Supreme Court refuses to stay its release: Earlier this week, the Bombay High Court had ordered that the film be released as scheduled with one cut and a fresh rating certificate.
3. United Nations human rights experts urge India to repeal FCRA law: The three experts said the Narendra Modi government was misusing the legal provision to silence groups that are critical about the Centre's ways.
4. Every five minutes, at least one woman dies of pregnancy or childbirth complications in India, says WHO: The United Nations agency said 26.7% (1,36,000) of the total maternal deaths (5,29,000) recorded in the world occur in India alone.
5. Blackbox from EgyptAir flight MS804 recovered in the Mediterranean Sea: The cockpit voice recorder was retrieved on Thursday, and will help provide information on what caused the plane crash.
6. Congress worker killed, five injured in violence triggered by a Sonia Gandhi caricature: The incident happened in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, after the image was shared on a WhatsApp group.
7. Prime suspect in Kerala rape and murder case arrested: A migrant labourer from Assam has reportedly confessed to killing the 29-year-old Dalit law student in Perumbavoor in April.
8. Bernie Sanders pledges to help stop Donald Trump from becoming the president of United States: In a cryptic speech, the Vermont senator indicated that he will start working with Hillary Clinton on her campaign.
9. Prices of essential food items surge, vegetables including tomatoes and potatoes more expensive: The Centre has also imported pulses to control their inflating prices.