A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Sensex ends more than 300 points down, while the rupee hit a two-month high against the dollar: Nifty fell by more than 100 points, with the negative trend mostly caused by trading in the oil and gas, energy, healthcare, finance and banking sectors.
- Domestic car sales rise nearly 10% in July, says report: While Maruti and Hyundai led the passenger vehicle segment, Hero MotoCorp and Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India helped boost sales of two-wheelers.
- AAP leader Kartar Singh has hidden assets worth Rs 130 crore, I-T raids reportedly found: The search and seizure operations have purportedly revealed that the Chattarpur MLA has unaccounted for farmhouses and proxy-owned properties.
- US, Saudi Arabia may ink $1.4-billion deal on sale of tanks and other military weapons: The Pentagon made the announcement at a time when there were reports of civilian deaths from airstrikes in Yemen led by the West Asian nation.
- SEBI relaxes debt fund exposure limit for housing finance companies: The move is aimed at better supply of funds to the low-cost housing sector.
- Micromax launches Canvas Smart LED TV, looks to capture 5% market share: The domestic firm is expecting to sell around 1.25 million units this fiscal
- Raghuram Rajan keeps key rates unchanged in final monetary policy review: The reverse repo rate also remained the same at 6%, while the CRR was maintained at 4%, leaving the next RBI governor with the task of keeping inflation down.